AGING AND LONG-TERM SUPPORT ADMINISTRATION
Resources for Long-Term Care Facilities - Emergency Planning
Personal Preparedness for Staff
- WA Department of Health and Emergency Management Division's Emergency Resource Guide
- Washington Military Department/ Group Health Cooperative/ American Red Cross, "Family Emergency Preparedness Plan"
- American Red Cross, "Make a Plan"
Prevention/ Mitigation Information
Disaster Preparedness for Persons with Disabilities
- American Red Cross, "Preparing for Disaster for People with Disabilities and other Special Needs" (focus is on individual preparedness rather than facility preparedness)
- Division of Developmental Disabilities Emergency Preparedness Caregiver Alert
Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Centers for Disease Control, "Emergency Preparedness and Response: Agents, Diseases, & Other Threats" (Extensive information on Bioterrorism, Chemical Emergencies, Radiation Emergencies, Mass Casualties, Natural Disasters & Severe Weather, and Recent Outbreaks & Incidents)
Consumer Questions on Emergency Preparedness
- American Nurses Association, GeroNurseOnline.org, "Disaster Preparedness and the Older Adult"
Pandemic Flu Preparation and Infection Control
- Department of Health and Human Services, "Businesses Pandemic Influenza Planning Checklist"
- Department of Health and Human Services, "Long-Term Care and Other Residential Facilities Pandemic Influenza Planning Checklist"
- Washington State Local Health Departments/ Districts
For information about safe practices when using emergency generators, the following websites may be helpful:
- U.S. Fire Administration – Portable Generator Hazards
- Washington Military Department Emergency Management Division (EMD) – Using a Generator Safely
- Public Health Seattle King County – Carbon Monoxide Facts (Chinese, Korean, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Vietnamese)
- Puget Sound Energy - Service Alert – Safety Tips
Service Animal and Pet Emergency Preparedness
- American Red Cross Pets and Disaster Safety
- The Humane Society of the United States Disaster Preparedness for Pets
- National Organization on Disability "Disaster Readiness Tips for Owners of Pets or Service Animals"
- County and Metropolitan Area Departments of Emergency Management
- Emergency Management Planning Guide for Long-Term Care Facilities
- County Hazard Identification Vulnerability Analyses
- Flood Safety